It's a super easy technique I learned in elementary school! Here's instructions to make your own:
- 8" x 11" white paper
- Round pencil or marker
- Cut out strips about 1" wide from the paper
- Wrap each strip around your pencil / marker to make a spiral, and tape the end in place. Don't worry if the tape's showing-- you won't be able to see it once you stick all of your spirals together!
- For the teardrop shaped ones: do the same as above, except after you remove them from the pencil, pinch one place together and crease
- For the heart shaped ones, fold your strip of paper in half first, then curl each half like #2, making sure to keep both sides the same size. Then put a piece of tape between the two curls so it keeps its heart shape
- Use small pieces of double sided tape to attach your spirals in your desired shape