Friday, June 18, 2010

Magnetic Earrings

I just got my ears pierced (yay!), but for quite a few years, I've been apprehensive about getting it done, so I made a bunch of magnetic earrings to hold me over.





Super easy to make too!



 
You'll need four strong magnets, whatever you want on your ears, and...



...some magnetic tape. 
As you can see, you don't have to cover the entire back with tape-- just enough for your earring fronts to stick to one of the magnets.



Like this.



Then, just stick the front + one magnet to the front of your earlobe, and the other magnet behind. If the magnets are strong enough, they should stay on all day with no problem!



Here's another set I made by sticking rhinestones directly on the magnetic tape.

This should work for any small, lightweight object with a flat back! I've never tried adding anything that dangles, but if you do, send me a message!

I got my magnets from those little charm things that light up with red and blue lights...yeah. Click here and here for a picture if my description left you clueless XD
But anyway, I got mine pretty cheaply at Chinatown (a couple dollars for a whole sheet of them, I think)
You could probably find similar magnets at a hardware store though. Or just find some strong refrigerator magnets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment!