Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beach Glass Earrings

During a recent trip to the beach, I took a walk along the shore, hoping to collect some pretty seashells. Suddenly, I saw a small green one peaking out from the sand, and upon uncovering it, I discovered it was a piece of beach glass.
And thus my new obsession began...

Since it is so rare for me to find beach glass on the shore, I decided I'd have to make my own if I wanted to use it for jewelry. 


This is the first pair of earrings I made with my own glass. I'm not entirely sure if I like this pair...I definitely could have done a better job with the wire wrapping. Maybe I'll re-make these in the future. I was very lucky though that I had two pieces that were so similar in shape, as I had no control over how my glass broke.

I'll be posting a tutorial shortly on how to make your own beach glass ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment!