Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Faux Gauges

Just a quick post right now-- I've been a bit busier than usual lately.

A few weeks ago, I saw a few photos of really pretty gauge earrings, but I didn't want to have to stretch my ears. So, with some more research, I stumbled upon this technique to make faux gauges! 


They're wearable with any normally pierced ears. Just start out making gauges, and then slice them in half where you'd like the front and back to divide, stick posts and backings into each half, respectively, and then cover them up with a bit of clay. You'll want to stick the posts into the backings before you bake to make sure you make a hole in the clay large enough to easily put in the earrings later.

Enjoy your pretty non-stretched ears :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment!